Thursday, December 18, 2008

Self Sufficient Lfe


Along with gardening I am a hobby farmer. Seems like a natural enough thing to do when I'm not in the garden. I like to think of it as FREE COMPOST. My friends laugh at me, but hey, what the heck.

I have some chickens only 5 now thanks to the coyotes and foxes ( Ginger, Dolly, Marilyn, Annette and Diana). I also have 2 Texas Dahl Sheep (Iris and Lily)and 1 Royal White(Daisy). These sheep have hair instead of wool. Really beautiful, pure white.

They will all be having lambs this spring. I will include some photos when they are born, so check back in April for that.

Anyway, I thought I would include something here for the gardeners who also want Free fertilizer. Plus a whole lot of fun with some farm animals.

Check this out.




Also, send me some photos of your animals too.

That's Daisy, my Royal White, when she was a (spoiled) Lamb

No comments: